Friday, April 30, 2010

Yet Another Milestone!

I 'celebrated' my latest milestone by spending three of my busiest days in recent history. They went like this:

Wednesday... No time for breakfast, as my day commenced with a visit from my brother and his wife who brought morning tea with them, followed less than an hour later by my taxi arriving to take me to Phoenix FM for the presentation of my two hour country music radio program, followed 15 minutes later to an appointment with my renal doctor (after a two hour wait in the clinic) - no time for lunch), followed by a quick trip home to get ready for a pleasant visit to my daughter's home for dinner with her and her family and home to bed.

Thursday (my birthday)... No time for breakfast as my day commenced with a visit from my service provider and an occupational therapist for revision of my support workers daily procedures (interrupted by a visit from a friend to give me a birthday gift!), then lunch and off to my dialysis appointment (five hours) and straight to my weekly darts competition (I won one game and lost another) and home to bed (alone).

Friday... Up for breakfast (yayyyyy!), just in time for a visit for another visit from my service provider. This time he brought with him a gent from D.H.S. (Dept. of Health Services) to check my living conditions, just before my taxi arrived to
take me to Phoenix FM to present my two hour comedy radio program, after which I did my weekly shopping (no time for lunch) and caught a late bus home with just enough time to change for dinner at the local Bendigo Club with friends for a belated birthday dinner.

Today... Back to a normal dialysis day!

On Sunday, April 18, we held what will be our final reunion of my old band, "Insight", where we entertained (?) no less than an attendance of FIVE patrons to four hours of country and rock music. Needless to say we all enjoyed it, but I think it is definitely time to call a day to that part of my career!!! My final 'swan song' will be in June when Olive Bice (my original singing partner) and I will present our final concert in Bendigo.

No comments: