Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The End of Another Year... Phew!


Think I'd better get this one out of the way as soon as possible! The last few weeks have been a mix of highs and lows... the latter including two bouts of gastro and several days in the local AND Austin (Melbourne) Hospitals. The Austin for an operation to remove blood clots from my fistula (dialysis tube in my right arm).

The highs included a couple of barbecues at my place... one for old friends and the other for my team of support workers (carers) and their families/friends. I also had a welcome visit from Barbara - a friend from Melbourne (pictured).

The next few weeks will include a night out with friends at the local Bendigo Club where my brother's band (The Impalas) will be providing the music and Christmas Day, where I have been invited to have lunch at the home of my carer Roberta and dinner with my daughter Leanne and her family (no more gastro PLEEEEASE God!!!).

New Years Eve (if I survive Christmas) will be a quiet one at home alone.

Until then my days will be spent doing the usual belated Christmas shopping, writing on and posting cards.

My best wishes to you and yours for a happy end of year... with thanks for reading my blogs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Colly Bolly, what a year it was...but, remember this....you're still here!!! Wish we could visit as much as I would like...love you dearly.
JanB

Hank Wheelie said...

Good onya me old mate. Keep hanging in there and I hope no more gastro!
Merry Xmas & great 09.

Hank