Saturday, May 31, 2008

Here I am... for better or worse?

A little over one week in from moving to my housing unit and I'm still a little uncertain whether I'm happy or otherwise in my new environment... there is certainly a lot more space and a pleasant rustic outlook, but that additional space seems to have created a lonelier atmosphere.

My team of support workers have done a tremendous job of helping me with unpacking and re-establishing all my goods and chattels and, in time, I think I will feel much better off... BUT there is still the feeling of not being 'complete' without someone special to share it with. Regardless of this, I'm stuck with it, so may as well make the most of my situation.

I now have a TEMPORARY phone/internet WIRELESS system, which will operate until Telstra have completed their cable work in this area (the date I have been given is July 4, would you believe?). The good news is that, until then when my landline is re-connected, I should be able to send/receive phone calls and emails as normal. At least that is what they tell me!

The bus system in this area is very different to that experienced in my previous area as I now have to make a longer trek to the closest bus stop in order to go into town for shopping, but on the credit side I have a good motel and restaurant close by.

No comments: