Friday, January 11, 2008

To be - or not to be?

The End of Another Year 2007 was a year when I almost died (see previous post) and completed my sixth year of living alone... not what I would call a good year, but at least I survived to tackle another one.

I had a good try (or so I thought) at finding someone to make my life less unsociable, but continued to draw a blank at each attempt. Guess I'm too 'choosy' when it comes to being attracted to a member of the opposite sex. Most woman over 50 come across as being 'too old' for me, yet those under 50 (once they know my age) look at me as being an old, old, man... regardless of the fact that I feel, think and act like a 45 year old! I have tried to convince myself - and them - that age is just a number. Catch 22!!!

The only time my heart 'fluttered' for anyone in recent times was for one of my carers, who is almost half my age, but reminds me very much of my last wife... who was 25 years younger than me. My carer and I still get along really well, but when it comes to mutual attraction she is one of the many who believes I am a good friend, but still far too old to be considered as a partner.

May 2008 be a year of peace and happiness for us all!

No comments: