Friday, January 11, 2008

2008 Begins on a Positive Note

Phoenix 89.5 FM is the name of a fledgling community radio station here in Bendigo which commenced test transmission for two weeks last Monday. I am to present two hours of country music and mayhem between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Sunday morning (January 13) and at the same time the following Sunday (January 20), so I'm hoping someone will tune in. I’m not keen on talking to myself!

After many weeks of travel to/from Melbourne for dialysis treatment at the Austin Hospital, I started TODAY (January 11) at the Bendigo Hospital... and will continue each week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays bet. 9 a.m and 1.30 p.m. My first day went well with getting to know the nursing staff (all very friendly and with a much less pressured atmosphere by comparison with the Austin) and the ambulance crew being on time. It is obviously an experience I will never enjoy, but at least it affords me more time at home to work on my many projects.

1 comment:

Pete said...

I will be listening next week ...Good to hear the news Col ... i am looking forward to Insight reunion as per usual ... cheers pete